Nov 22, 2009

Fettered (#1)


I am the one who binds my own power so that I will do no harm.  I think I know what is best for everyone.  I act out of love, but am guided by fear.

Core meaning - Misguided overprotection

This card is about control and the illusion of control.  The woman in red (color of power) has relinquished her power (supine) and bound it (rhino in plastic bag).  She does not own her power because she believes she can't control it - that it might harm others if she claimed her inner voice.  There is no fear of the rhino - the woman knows the rhino is her companion and protector.  But in binding the rhino - the woman unwittingly makes herself, and those she would protect, more vulnerable. 

There are only good intentions in this card - but good intentions misapplied.

Whoever can see through all fear will always be safe. ~ Lao Tzu

No comments:

Post a Comment